Top 10 Recommended BookTubers | Top Ten Tuesday [4]


Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Topics are picked each week and people share their lists with one another. To find out more and join in click here. This week we were allowed to pick any topic we wanted so I thought I'd do my favourite and most recommended BookTubers! I was watching book related Youtube channels way before I found the blogging side of things and still love watching all of these lovely people today. I hope you find some great video content and enjoy watching them as well! Click on the screenshots for their channel page.

Most Recommended BookTubers

(in no particular order) 


Sanne from Books and Quills
Sanne recommends some great books from a large variety of genres. She has a good mix of adult and young adult reads with a very active channel and plenty of reviews. Her videos are on the shorter side but they are always useful and interesting. I always trust her recommendations.


Jenny from Jellafy
Jenny primarily reviews young adult and is super fun to watch. Her videos are also short and sweet but the reviews are concise and straight to the point. She also does Legend of Korra discussion videos and some other creative book related videos if you're interested!

My favourite thing about Ariel's channel is her amazing discussion videos. I always find them interesting and well put together. She definitely thinks outside the box and puts a lot of effort into creating quality videos. Ariel reads primarily young adult as well though I have seen some adult picks in the mix and I believe she is trying to branch out more with her reading. She also has a big passion for anime and graphic novels. 


Katie from ChapterStackss
If I had to pick one all time favourite BookTuber it would definitely be Katie. She reads a lot of adult fiction which I LOVE, though she also does review young adult. Her book recommendations are always on point and never let me down. Her videos tend to be on the longer side but I don't mind at all! I always enjoy the content she puts out and she has fantastic book reviews and wrap-up videos. She has done some vlogging of her experience studying abroad in Spain which I found fun to watch as well. 

Not only do I love Choceny's accent but I also love her taste in books. She reads a lot of classics and adult literature and always has very profound things to say about them. I am interested in reading more classics so I always enjoy seeing her next recommendation. Choncey regularly posts very inspiring and diverse discussion videos, covering topics such as anorexia, feminism and more. She is very insightful and great to watch. 


I believe Ellen is the youngest BookTuber of this batch but she still has some great videos and book recommendations. She reads a lot of classics for age which I found super impressive and love hearing about them through her. Her posting can be a bit sporadic at times, and though her videos are short they are always well put together and fun to watch.

Mercedes from MercysBookishMusings
Mercy reads a lot of unique books I've never heard of but her reviews are always well said and her recommendations are on point. She posts very often, is always eloquent and has great quality videos. I also love her accent!


Regan from PeruseProject
Regan has great taste in books and I always trust her recommendations. She reads a lot and posts reviews, hauls and other fun videos very regularly. She does read a mix of genres, including graphic novels, though I think she leans more to the young adult side of things. Lots of people trust her opinion and I've seen her single handily create hype for a book across the inter-web. Love her personality, she is a joy to watch! 


Priscilla from The Readables
Priscilla was one the first BookTubers I found and I still love her to this day. Though she took a break from BookTube for a few months in 2014 she is back and better then ever! She definitely has some of the best editing and special effects in her videos, it's obvious she puts a lot of effort into them. Her reviews are very in depth and she also includes spoiler discussion sections which is always fun if you've read the book. She's super creative with her videos and has some amazing content. Definitely check her out. 

Stevie from SableCaught
Stevie is one of the most passionate BookTubers I've seen! She comes alive in her videos and the way she reads is totally captivating. I love her reviews, she reads a really diverse range of literature and they are always descriptive and informative. She also has some interesting discussion videos.

So those are my BookTuber recommendations! Let me know if you check any of these out in the comments below. 

24 comments:

  1. Wow, this post is amazing, Shanny! It's like a master guide to book-tubers. Bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Axie, hope you find someone you enjoy watching (: xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I feel like checking them all out! I probably watch about 2 booktubers because I never ever seem to be on youtube, but who knows?! It might be the year of the booktube for me. XD *bookmarks things to watch* Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've subscribed some of them already! Ariel is also my favorite booktuber. She does have interesting discussion videos which I don't see a lot of other booktubers have. I also love watching videos from InkBonesBooks, Lindsey Rey, & Books&Junk. Those three have good fantasy recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaay I hope you enjoy them! Once you start, you can't stop...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ariel is so good, I love her discussion videos (: I will check those out as well! Thank you for your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I know they're super big on youtube! I love Regan too, she's so charismatic. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that's a lot of booktubers, Shan! I am not so much into watching youtube videos of people talking about books... maybe I'm too old for that?
    Thanks for sharing, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never really seen a booktuber, even though they probably come close to outnumbering us traditional bloggers now. I do envy them though, it would be far more time consuming to have to get yourself decent to film, then edit, post etc. I love the option of being able to blog in pyjama pants :D Thanks for sharing Shan, will check a few of these girls out and see what booktubing is all about <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the lovely suggestions! Will definitely be checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa @ Captivated Reader21 January 2015 at 13:07

    Cool Post!! Thanks for sharing!! Here's my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/01/top-ten-tuesday-authors-id-like-to-meet.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww Lexxie you're never too old for anything! Some people do prefer reading reviews over watching them though. No worries (: x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Their community has grown exponentially, and some of them put out some beautiful content. Hahah so true, blogging is just comfy all round. No worries I hope you enjoy some of their channels (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking for this kind of post, so I'm so happy to have found it here! I haven't heard of most of these booktubers, as I'm extremely new to the community and haven't dedicated much of my time to it yet. Great recs! I'll definitely be checking out the ones I don't know :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much! I'm glad you found it useful, happy watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great post! There are so many booktubers, just like book bloggers. I've actually thought about sharing a few videos myself, but I can't seem to find the courage to record myself; I'm such a dork lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great list! I watch some of the ones on your list and really enjoy their videos. I'll be sure to check out the ones that are new to me! Ellen's videos are some of my favorites, and her reading of classics makes me want to branch out more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't watch Youtube much. But I am subscribed to Peruse Project and Books and Squills! I also really recommend The Book Tuber. My main issue is if I don't like the booktubers voice, so I have to find the right people to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same here, I've been wanting to try out youtube for ages now... Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha so true! Hope you find some good ones x

    ReplyDelete
  21. don't watch Youtube much. But I am subscribed to Peruse Project and Books and Squills! I also really recommend The Book Tuber.Jame Escalona

    ReplyDelete